Monday, August 18, 2008

Ruth's Scarf


This is a current favorite. I love the way it came together. I wove the scarf on my Ashford Knitters Loom using Ashford Tekapo and Naturally Hand Knit's Aspire DK. I used a mixture of both in the warp and the weft.


This created a lovely random tartan pattern as the Aspire picked up the crossovers. Aspire is a wool/alpaca mix - very soft - that is spun to resemble a hand spun singles yarn. Both these yarns behaved beautifully and the colours are fantastic. Only problem was that the Site Supervisor i.e. Ruth, decided a beanie might be nice as well..............



The finished scarf modeled by our friend Nicky

2 comments:

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

Those colours are brilliant. I hope to see more of your blogging soon.
Cat.

Lyndyb said...

Thanks Cat I'm trying to get this more up to date.