Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Spiral Beanie




This started out as a bit of playing around. I was trying out some of the shapes from "Freeformations" using the leftover yarn from the scarf and some baby yarn. I really liked the look of it and it was already a flat circle shape so I just kept going into the classic beanie. The spiral effect isn't really obvious to a casual glance but it shows up beautifully from the top or from the rolled up sides. I love spirals and I'll definitely play with this shape some more.




Ruth wanted it to be long and a bit wider than normal so I added a few more increases than I normally would. She has lots of hair and likes to stuff it under her beanies!!! I think this would felt well if I made this again because it's big. Hmm...maybe a spiral bag would be good.









I think the scarf and the hat look great together as my lovely model shows. Ruth wore them when we went to Bendigo for the Sheep and Wool Show and we got lots of compliments so that was nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seriously love this beanie and can't work out how its done. Perhaps one day you could show me :-)